Monday, December 15, 2008

I was thinking beautiful Afghani eyes, John said A Q Terrorist!

OK it is time for JAM to get his own back on all my mockery.
National Geographic eat your heart out.
Here is one more similarity between the sort of things one sees in Oman and Calgary!

This weekend the temperatures reached!!!! -29 plus wind chill took us to -40. We went out for a walk in Weaslepark, near Glenmore reservoir. Aliya achieved a wish... white mascara.

Our snow boots are good down to -35 so we still have all of our toes. This morning it was -29 so I drove Dan to school. Even our Swedish Volvo laboured to get into gear for the hills. Aliya's school was closed and so we are going Xmas shopping at a Mall that is on top of a hill. What fun, with winter tyres we are safe... no worries.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - beautiful eyes!!!! I have just enjoyed reading all the posts of your time so far out there! I think you are so very lucky to experience such contrasts. THanks Karin for the Christmas card - you always come up with great ideas. Unfortunately my PC does not want to send emails and I do not have your snail mail address so this is my only way of getting in touch. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas - Miss you K. Lots of Love ANNA

Anonymous said...

Great photos in your blog. Makes me miss North American Christmas and snow. It will be fun to have a white Christmas. All the best!