Our pleasure to host Chrissie Roberts whilst she attended and important conference in Calgary. What fortuoutous serendipity that the meeting was held in Calgary and we could see our good friend of 20 years in our newest home.
And we made the most of it.
In Calgary - Very co-ordinated attireThis is the ceiling at Marccelo's: take my advice - Calgary is the business district of Alberta... and there is no food left after 1pm. We had lunch with John and then went for a stroll to see some art...
Wonderful - Avatar-esque sculpture in an area of Calgary that I hadn't walked before. Check out Aliya for scale.
This is the work of Arlee Barr a fellow textile artist - check out her work on her blog and links there to her many talents....
This work I love love love. So much movement and an amazing composition. Unfortunately and shamefacedly I didn't record the artists name... hang on maybe I can find it.... Nate McLeod (Calgary, AB), Cassandra Paul (Calgary, AB). Yes there we are...
Chrissie had another session at the conference on Saturday and I went to a felt making workshop...
No, that isn't my own stuff.... but my pot is sitting in there... but the one I am most proud of will appear later, it isn't finished yet....
"Keith's dinner," at the Taj Mahal, was deemed the best Indian meal yet! Thank you so much Keith.On Sunday we had a lovely relaxed day and a walk in Glenmore Weaselhead Park SW Calgary....
This tree an Birch I think, appears to be bursting at the seams.
Chrissie's friend
Another of Chrissie's friends - they look very similar don't you think (and excellent use of the apostrophe).
Wonderful roasted yam soup in Bragg Creek during our day out on..... ooops, Thursday!!!
A beautiful beautiful spot, with equally impressive spring weather... hot and sunny.
Thursday, a good day to go to a location that is usually crawling with The Public at weekends.
So a few quiet minutes to drink in nature, its sounds and chemistry.
Then the weather turned sour
In the space of half an hour
We returned to the car to warm up... but not before we had taken some shots of the lake's delicate, filigree edge.
Back at home and one of our last evenings together before Chrissie had to leave... she was given the opportunity to fulfil a dream
And the harpists of Calgary played the Glissando
With perfect positioning of every hando
Nice shots of Aliya's harp for you My Dad (and others). It is made of walnut and beech if I remember correctly, with a maple details. Aliya is very keen for the weather to turn warm again so that she can take it out in the garden and have it sing. They do that you know.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment